Tetris Ultimate Dropping On 3DS Next Month
Ubisoft announced yesterday that Tetris Ultimate, the latest installment in one of the world’s most popular puzzle series, will be available on the Nintendo 3DS in November. It will be available both physically (priced at $29.99) and digitally via the Nintendo eShop (priced at $19.99) on November 11. Featuring six new ways to play as well as a single-player Challenge mode, Tetris Ultimate will offer:
• Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on
the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after
each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump blocks on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you
advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a
spot of trouble.
• Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
• Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
• Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this
• Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
• Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
• Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that
will put any player’s determination to the test:
- Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines.
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Tetris Ultimate will also be making its way to the PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One this winter.