Rockstar Updates Gamers on GTA V Online Issues (Updated)
Anyone who thought the launch of GTA V Online would be smooth is either too optimistic or doesn’t understand the magnitude of the game. Like most gamers expected, GTA Online isn’t running as smoothly as possible, but at least Rockstar is keeping us up to date about the struggles and will continue to do so during this launch period.
Via their own support page, Rockstar has posted some of the issues gamers have been having with the game and will continue to update the page with more information about fixes and any updates regarding new issues.
Here’s what they have posted so far (we’ll try to keep this page up-to-date with Rockstars as much as possible):
Question: I’m having problems getting into GTA Online! Is there a list of issues Rockstar is looking into, so I can stay informed about the status of fixes for known launch issues?
Answer: We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification whenever major updates are posted, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.
- Occasional “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with “waiting for other players” on the screen
- Intermittent “Failed to Host a GTA Online Session” error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying “Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join”
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- (Update: 10/1 12:21 pm pst) Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- (Update: 10/1 2:30 pm pst) Errors saying “Mission Failed” as soon as the mission begins during a session
That’s all Rockstar is saying right now about the issues. With so many people buying the game, it’s not a surprise they are having some issues with GTA Online, but hopefully it’ll be running smoothly before the weekend when everyone will be jumping online for hours and hours.
Stay tuned to this post for future updates about GTA Online Issues.
[Source: Rockstar Games Support]