E3: Star Fox 64 3D – New Details, Screens, and Trailer
Fans have been wishing for another Star Fox game for a while now, and after years of waiting, Star Fox 64 3D is on the horizon. Similar to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, this game is a remake of the Nintendo 64 classic, with updated graphics, controls, and a few new added features.
Some of these features include:
• A complete graphical update that makes effective use of the Nintendo 3DS system’s dual screens: The top screen features 3D aerial combat, while the bottom screen displays characters and dialogue.
•Two control methods: N64 Mode offers original controls, while the new N3DS Mode uses the motion controls of the built-in Gyro Sensor.
• Trusted wingmen Peppy, Slippy and Falco are along for the ride – if one of them is chased or captured by an enemy, players must act to protect them in order to keep their team strong.
• Each mission takes players through a different planet of the Lylat system as they blast enemies, collect power-ups and fight powerful bosses on their way to the final battle.
• A new multiplayer option lets up to four players engage in fierce aerial combat via a local wireless connection (using four systems and one game card via DS Download Play).
• The multiplayer mode also includes new power-ups and special weapons.
• Players can use the Nintendo 3DS system’s inner camera to display a live video feed of their faces as they battle, bringing a new level of fun and personalization to the multiplayer experience.
The best news of all is Star Fox 64 3D arrives in stores in only a few months: expect it to arrive in the US in September of this year.